Thursday 23 October 2014

Studio back of head Portraiture - Work Diary

For this as the title states I was in the studio taking photos of the backs of people heads instead of on location.  I used one of the studio cameras for this and after it was explained I found I knew what I needed to do and it was therefore slightly easier than the location shoot.

The pinky red background for this picture provides a solid outline of the subject with a good contrast between the black of his jacket and his blond hair.

I like this photo as the black background provides nice contrast between it and his hair but only just hints at the shape of his shoulders.

If I was to shoot this again I might look at trying to experiment with different hair styles and maybe introduce some props.

No comments:

Post a Comment