Thursday 23 October 2014

Location back of head Portraiture - Work Diary

For this as the title kinda suggest i went to different locations and took photos of the back of people heads.  I experimented with the placement of the subject within the frame (left, right,centre) and tried to make the background out of focus while keeping the subject in focus.  The following photo are the two I think are the best:

I like this photo with the nice soft blur to the background but the subject is in crisp clear focus.

Again the softly blurred background of this image makes for a nice composition as well as the way that her head is tilted upward slightly.

If i was going to shoot back of heads on location again I would maybe experiment with different hairstyles and play around with the background and aperture to achieve different looks and feels through my photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment