Thursday 4 December 2014

Mapplethorpe Location - Work Diary

When I went out to do the Mapplethorpe inspired shoot I found it difficult to start even though I had looked at some his work before hand I found it difficult to find a suitable background for the photos.  This did get easier as I got into the shoot I started to get more confident about getting it right.

I think this photo is successful due to it's soft blurry background and the in focus subject partially out of frame following Mapplethorpe's style of interesting compositions without wasted frame space.

I think this is another good photo that I took I like the side view but not quite with full rotation so you can still see part of the opposite side of the person.  Although the frame is not filled by the subject there is still no wasted space following the style of Mapplethorpe.  This photo almost looks like she could be looking of at something out of frame.

If I was to shoot location Mapplethorpe again I would take some picture trying to show more of their personality be it through the use of body language and/or facial expressions as in all of my photos the people tend to have quite blank expressions.

No comments:

Post a Comment