Wednesday 19 November 2014

Connecting Essay 1

This first photo I found on the internet it is a portrait of a women's face that is in black and white except for her eye which is a bright unnatural blue.  It displays strong contrast between the black background/her hair and her skin and the iris of her eye.  It also shows line through her hair going across her face and form with the shadows on one side and the other side being lighter.

The photograph that I myself have taken is of some flowers which I have edited so only two of the flowers are in colour and the rest is in black & white.  My photo portrays colour, tone, form and depth fairly well.  This photo had some contrast before editing between the flowers and the leaves but this has been enhanced through the editing, so it now has quite high contrast between the bright pinky-purple flowers and the black & white of the rest of the photo.

The two images are related through there contrast both involving colour and tone but also through the formal elements that they contain being colour, tone, form and depth to an extent.  But at the same time they are kind of polar opposites as my photo contains all natural things and the one I found consists only of man-made objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment